Serve In Our Community
New Life holds multiple serve opportunities each year where we go into the community to help those in need. Examples of past projects include: serving a meal at City Union Mission, cleanup and repair of transitional housing for recently homeless individuals and families, landscaping for a charity that offers counseling to victims of crime and those with limited incomes, cleanup of a park that no city, Harvester back snacks that are taken to 7 of our areas schools on Thursdays or group cares for that serves for low-income families.
Recent "Micah 6" serve projects
Coat Drive (to date 29 coats given) which benefited "Better Together" Clothes Closet @ Metropolitan Methodist Church.
- NLF Food Pantry Received Women's Hygiene kits to give out 30 Bags of Hygiene kits for any needy family
- Hospice Family was served dinner
- A Community Thanksgiving Dinner at Turner Rec.
- Two groups did this: Women's Cosmetic/Hygiene kits given to Safe Home
- 6 Homeless people (5 men/1 woman) were each given military survival kits (1 blanket, 1 canteen w/ cup wrapped w/ belt-loop attachment, 2 pairs thermal socks, 2 pairs gloves, 3 emergency meals w/ instant heat up) then 2 cases water to be shared by all.
- 30 Christmas Kid Care Kits for boys/girls (this is taking care of one of our back snack program schools). Some of the contents include a fun gift, socks, I AM Second Bible, NLF Pen, gloves, etc.