It started with a very small committed core (1922-1927)
Two ladies began to met in a store front building in the Kansas City area for two year.
From Vision to Reality (1927 - 1957)
Through some assistance they were able to borrow money to purchase a building at 207 N. Riverview (17th & central) in Kansas City, Kansas on June 15, 1927 for $2500.
Expanding the Vision (1953)
Bought 1 ½ acres at 4835 Shawnee drive and built the parsonage.
Relocation a Reality (1957-1971)
3 ½ additional acres purchased at 4835 Shawnee drive and first addition of Church facility was build, costing $40,000, and completed in 1957. First Sunday in Church facility was Easter Sunday, April 1957.
Expanding the Base (1971 – 1994)
Second addition to facility added. This included a fellowship hall, kitchen and more classrooms. It was completed in 1971 at the cost of $80,000.
Reaching Out (1994 – 2005)
To expand community outreach a 3rd addition, gymnasium was added in 1994 at the cost of $500,000.
A Restart (June 2005 – present)
Through some difficulties the church declined to a point that they could not afford a full time pastor and their indebtedness. Discussion by the existing leadership was given as to what their next steps would be. But, through a generous donation in June of 05, the church is now debt free and able to maintain the present staff. Growth is needed to continue the journey. There is excitement about the future and growth that is happening at New Life Family.